Frequently Asked Questions
- Jointly organised by the Association of Small & Medium Enterprises and the Rotary Club of Singapore, EYA is the oldest and one of the most recognized business accolades in Singapore that honours local Entrepreneurs who have established and sustained a successful and profitable business on a national platform.
- The Award was inaugurated in 1989 and is now in its 32th year.
- EYA heightens awareness and boosts the image of Entrepreneurs, their company and brand, as well as their products and services. Participating in EYA also adds credibility to the company, creating more credibility for Entrepreneurs when dealing with partners and clients, domestically and abroad. In addition, EYA serves as an important recognition and validation of employees’ efforts, thereby boosting employee morale and affirming employees’ commitment to the company. This translate into better talent recruitment and retention for the company.
- It is not just another Award. It is a learning journey where participating Entrepreneurs have a stock take of their achievements, get valuable insights from the panel of Judges and share entrepreneurial experience with other participants & past Winners of EYA.
- The Award is open to all local Entrepreneurs who meet the Award’s Qualifying Criteria. Nomination by third party is not compulsory for participation in the Award.
- Definitely. We encourage all Entrepreneurs to take part every year as long as they fulfil the Qualifying Criteria.
Q. What is the difference between the New Entrepreneur category and Established Entrepreneur category?
- The New Entrepreneur category recognises budding Entrepreneurs who demonstrate keen business acumen and extensive resourcefulness in adopting innovation to differentiate the business in the market. On the other hand, the Established Entrepreneur category recognises veteran Entrepreneurs who demonstrate continuous tenacity and determination in keeping up with times to remain relevant and maintain a stronghold in the market.
- There is no registration fee required to participate in this Award. However, if the Entrepreneur is selected as a Winners, he/she will be required to take up an Award Package upon notification of their win.
A. The submission deadline is Friday, 31 July 2020, Monday. More details of the submission can be found under the Entry Requirements section.
- Yes, however, we require the Entrepreneur to provide the Award Secretariat with the reason(s) for not being able to submit the Audited Financial Statements, together with the company’s most recent Management Accounts.
- Access to the submitted materials is kept strictly to the Award Secretariat, Award Organising Committee and the Judging Panel. They are used solely for judging and reference purposes and will be kept confidential.
- No. The number of Winners selected is dependent on the overall quality of candidates each year.
- Yes. Under each category, there are different Sub-Category Awards. More information can be found under the Award Structure section.
- The Award Judging Panel will comprise of distinguished businessmen, academicians and other highly regarded individuals.